Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brother Joe (with chords!)

C
Hello brother Joe
F
I never see you around
C
Some said you were dead
Am
Others said you just left town

C
But I know where you been
F
In your own little hell
C
You said can’t live with them no more
Am
But you can’t live with yourself

C
I hate to see a grown man cry
F
But crying is all you know
C
Since your only love up and left
Am
Must be seven years ago

Em
Hallelujah
D
Hallelujah
Em
Hallelujah
Am
You’ll hold her again some day


C
The pictures of the two of you
F
Are laying all around
C
Your hopes, your dreams, your everything
Am
Is laying in the ground

C
There’s nothing you can do or say
F
You can’t make it good again
C
All you can do is make it through
Am
And remember your best friend.

C
I know the pain won’t go away
F
I know you feel bad
C
But she’s looking down on you now
Am
You’ll always be her dad

Em
Hallelujah
D
Hallelujah
Em
Hallelujah
Am
You’ll hold her again someday

© 2009 Shilo Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment